Monday 25 October 2010

Life's a peach

Going to my lovely friend's wedding this weekend so needed a finishing touch for the outfit. I'll be wearing a vintage cream dress with duck egg blue beading from my favourite vintage shop, Dirty Fabulous; www.dirtyfabulous.com. Knowing the rule about never wearing cream or white to a wedding I thought a little peach into the mix was the way to go! This headpiece is made using peach French veiling constructed into a bow, peach lace over a sinamay base, 2-tone peach feather flowering, all tied together with a vintage sparkly brooch. Items for making this piece have come from both Etsy www.etsy.com and Beads and Bling http://www.beadsandbling.com/store/ I'm looking forward to wearing it. Now let's hope there isn't a hidden Hallowe'en theme in the wedding that I've missed out on!


2 comments:

  1. I cant believe you've only been doing this for a couple of months- you clearly have a talent for it! Are you planning to sell your pieces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, lovely work. i have started to make wedding head pieces myself with the intention of selling them!!...just have to find the confidence...nice job though eh if you can do it.
    will enjoy following your blog.

    sarah :)

    ReplyDelete